Wednesday, August 25

I hear voices. No, really.

It never fails.  No matter what is going on in the house, the instant I step into the shower I hear them.  Small little voices who are apparently related to me.

Mama, Sissy hit me!
Mama, look what I made!
Mama, is it snack time?  (this one always comes while breakfast is still on the table)
Mama, can I go outside?
Mama, what's the square root of 5,337?  (okay, no one's asked this, but they might as well have)

I have tried so many things to dispell them.  Food.  Toys.  Videos.  Outside time.  Money.  But the water draws them.  Even if I hear nothing for a full 20 minutes before my shower, as soon as I'm wet they come.  They need kisses when I have shampoo in my hair and referee-ing (is that a word?) while I wash my face.  Nevermind what they do while I shave my legs...

I've heard rumors of other women experiencing the same thing.  Perhaps there should be a support group, maybe an underground network of mildly-insane mothers.  I'm thinking of enlisting the help of one of those paranormal study groups you see on television.  I'll let you know how that goes...

1 comment:

The Johnson Scoop said...

Haha - mine are great when I'm in the shower . . . it's the second I get on the phone that everything becomes a life or death issue.