Saturday, June 6

Back to our regularly-scheduled program...

We've officially been home for 24 hours now, and life seems very much...normal. Except that I have a little leap in my heart thinking about our time spent alone together. So as promised here are some of the details of our little getaway (complete with illustrations)! We spent our time away in Asheville, which was extremely relaxing and beautiful despite the fact that I filled up a lot of our trip with various activities! I'll start with just Thursday, because really a blog post only needs to be so long.

First off, we spent lots of time here:


Once we got near Hickory, I let Chris guess what we were doing. Apparently I was not quite as secretive as I thought because he was able to guess not only where we were going (because he just knew that's where the exit I gave him was and what was about that distance from Durham), but also the two main activities I had planned. Oh well. He could not guess where we would be staying, though:




That's a view of the Gove Park Inn looking up from the spa area. This place is...incredible. There's gorgeous stonework everywhere, beautiful views, and more neat places inside the Inn itself than we could even find! Awesome...relaxing...beautiful. Kudos to my uncle for helping us get the best deal possible on staying at this wonderful place and for buying us the most amazing dinner I've ever eaten:


Now we didn't actually eat what was in this picture, but it was definitely just as nice and there's not enough room on this entire page to show you everything we ate. It took us three hours to eat our complete four-course dinner, which was a good speed because I doubt I would have been able to eat half of it at a normal pace. My husband picked antelope as his main course dish...he's such a guy! We ate so much at dinner I was seriously debating breakfast the next morning, but we did gladly accept hot coffee and a nicely-toasted bagel from my other uncle before heading off for a morning of high adventure! Stay tuned...

No comments: