Monday, June 15

Not Me! Monday

I think I'm jumping on a pretty large bandwagon here. Thanks to a post my friend Jennifer made last week, I have discovered this blog, which is written by a pretty amazing, interesting woman who is a source of inspiration for many. Each week, MckMama hosts a blog carnival where her many of her readers make posts about a single theme--it's called Not Me! Monday and the point is to blog about all the things you did not do over the past week because you would be horribly embarrassed to admit them. Of course, you did do them, but that's the fun of the whole thing. So here are some of the things I absolutely did not do this past week and a few I definitely will not be doing in the coming week.

I most certainly did not spend the entire week working on laundry, only to have clean-but-unfolded clothes laying neatly in stacks on the backs of my living room chairs. And my husband is also not digging for clean undies in the laundry basket.

My husband and I did not spend our Sunday evening watching the movie Happy Feet after the kids went to bed. And said movie is totally not made for kids nor did we DV-R it just for our children to watch and then end up watching the whole thing by ourselves with no children present.

I have not discovered in the past couple of weeks that I can sleep in my contacts without any adverse effects, thereby stretching my daily wear contacts into three- or four-day ones. I always do what my optometrist tells me where my eye care is concerned and I would never resort to simply doing what I can get away with just because I would rather not mess with my eye!

And finally...

My firstborn baby son will absolutely, positively, most definitely NOT be turning five this coming Thursday. He is not beyond excited that his birthday party is at the local skating rink, and I am not wholeheartedly considering sending reminder calls to his preschool friends to make sure anyone who's in town shows up! He also does not read better than some third graders I have known, can not completely dress himself or (mostly) brush his own teeth, and he is not adorably cute and sweet in his semi-grown-up ways. My baby son will forever remain the half-bald, chubby-cheeked, totally dependent little toddler he is in my mind. Yes.

So there you have it. Is there something you didn't do this week that you feel like getting off your chest? Join the fun!

Oh, and I do not just love how the orange Not Me! Monday button matches the orange banner in my blog header. I am not OCD like that. Nope. Not at all. :D

7 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have children who will not grow older either!~ I cannot stand that my baby will turn 3 in two months! Welcome to the fun!

Kelli W said...

Great 1st Not Me Monday post! I do not have a huge basket {okay maybe two} of laundry sitting around waiting to be folded!

Love Mom said...

I do not have a daughter who will be turning 16 years old in 6 weeks b/c my children can never grow up either. And it doesn't make me feel old even though I am not even 35.

My music room looks more like a retail store blew up but it is all clean!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope your firstborn has a great birthday this week! Happy Monday!

Leah said...

As I sit here surfing the Net, I have a pile of unfolded towels in front of me! Glad you joined in the Not Me Mania. Try out Toot Your Horn Tuesday too sometime. It's a great follow-up.

Jeanne D. said...

I SO did not tell my newly-turned-5-year-old (at 3am) to go back to sleep in a wet bed. And if I had, it wouldn't be because I hadn't washed the one he wet the night before, and I KNOW it wouldn't be due to a lack of middle-of-the-night energy or patience. (OK, that was hard to even write!)

I am the mom said...

Jeanne--I have SO not been there and had my little guy sleeping on a blanket stretched over his mattress for the rest of the night! :D